Frequently Asked Questions
Take a peek at some of our most frequently asked questions.
Can I purchase my tickets by phone?
Yes. To purchase by phone, please call our Box Office at 614-469-0939.
Can I purchase my tickets in person?
Yes. To purchase in person, please visit our Box Office located at 39 East State Street. Our hours of operation are Monday-Friday, 10 am - 3 pm.
Does my child need a ticket?
Due to Ohio fire code, ALL patrons attending a show need a ticket. However, if your child (2 years or under) plans to sit on your lap for the performance, you may purchase the lowest-priced ticket available for the child.
What is your security and bag policy?
All guests of CAPA’s venues are subject to inspection. To read our full Safety & Security statement, including prohibited items, please click here.
Will CBUSArts honor tickets purchased through third party resellers, ticket brokers, or other outside entities?
No. Tickets purchased from another source may be counterfeit, and we cannot guarantee you will have a seat upon arrival.
Can I take photos or videos during a performance?
No. Photos, video, and/or audio recording is prohibited in our theatres.
Do you offer tours of your theatres?
Yes! CAPA offers tours of select theatres. For more information, please contact Mary Mason Cecil at [email protected].
Do you rent your theatres?
Yes. CAPA rents out its venues for performances, meetings, special events, and more. To inquire about renting CAPA venues, please click here.
I lost an item at a performance. What do I do?
If you believe you have lost an item in one of our theatres, please contact us at 614-469-1045. Our theatres include the Ohio Theatre, Palace Theatre, Southern Theatre, Lincoln Theatre, Drexel Theatre, the McCoy Center for the Arts, and the Riffe Center’s Davidson Theatre, Studio One, Studio Two, and Studio Three.
What are your ticket purchase policies?
- Your ticket is a revocable license and may be taken up and admission refused upon refunding the purchase price.
- There are no refunds or exchanges. Your ticket cannot be replaced if lost, stolen or destroyed, and is valid only for the event and seat printed on ticket.
- All telephone and internet transactions are subject to a fee.
- Latecomers are subject to deferred seating.
- Program dates and times are subject to change without notice.
- Recording devices are prohibited. Violation of the forgoing will automatically terminate this license.
- Your ticket may not be resold for an amount in excess of the face value of the ticket without the written consent of issuer. Your ticket may not be resold within 1,500 feet from the physical structure of the place of entertainment.
- Holder of this ticket voluntarily assumes all risks and danger incidental to the event for which this ticket is issued whether occurring prior to, during, or after the same.
- Tickets obtained from unauthorized sources may be invalid, lost, stolen, or counterfeit and if so are void.
- Photos/video/audio taken at any performance by presenter may be used for marketing purposes. Be aware that by attending this event, you consent to your likeness being used, without compensation, in any media and marketing materials, for eternity, and you release CAPA and its assigns and licensees from any liability whatsoever, of any nature.
- Complimentary tickets are not exchangeable or redeemable for any benefit offered to tickets with a dollar value.
- Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this ticket, in whole or in part, without the express written permission of CAPA, CBUSArts or the event presenter is strictly prohibited.
- Everyone, including children, must have a ticket.
What do I do if I already have tickets or gift certificates purchased through Ticketmaster?
Tickets and gift certificates purchased prior to the launch of CBUSArts.com on Monday, December 9, 2019, are still valid and will be honored. Simply bring your already purchased ticket to the event, or contact the CBUSArts Ticket Center to redeem your gift certificate.
What are your processing fees for tickets?
For online and phone orders, CBUSArts charges a 17% service fee.
Tickets purchased by phone are subject to the same 17% service fee with the exception of CAPA’s non-profit resident arts groups. Tickets for those organizations when purchased by phone only will be subject to a $2 per ticket service fee for tickets less than $25, and a $4 per ticket service fee for tickets more than $25.
All tickets, regardless of method of purchase, are subject to the Columbus Arts & Culture Fee.
Why are there ticket fees and what are they used for?
Ticket fees support the costs of our ticketing system - from technology to personnel. Service fees remain local, supporting CAPA's mission-driven initiatives designed to make Columbus a national destination for performing arts.
I selected eTicket as my delivery method. Where are my tickets?
You will receive your tickets attached as a PDF in an separate e-mail from [email protected], generally within 24 hours after you purchase your tickets. Please check your spam and/or junk folder if they are not delivered within 24 hours.
What are Platinum Seats?
Platinum Seats are premium tickets to concerts and other events made available by artists and Event Organizers through CBUSArts. They give fans fair and safe access to some of the best seats in the house. Platinum seats are not VIP tickets, and no additional benefits outside of prime seating are included. Read more about Platinum Seats here!